Social media is gasoline but good content is fire.
Please find below some definitions of Content Marketing:
- Content marketing is a marketing technique of creating and distributing relevant and valuable content to attract, acquire, and engage a clearly defined and understood target audience – with the objective of driving profitable customer action.
- Content marketing is the art of understanding exactly what your customers need to know and delivering it to them in a relevant and compelling way to grow your business. The average business marketer spends 26% of their marketing budget on the creation and execution of content. That number is increasing, as the economic climate is triggering marketers to pay attention to the use of strategic content even more.
- Content marketing means producing and leveraging one’s own branded content for marketing purposes “rather than ‘renting’ advertising time and space” on someone else’s media, to excerpt analyst Rebecca Lieb of the Altimeter Group.
A new term such as this always causes some friction as described below…:
When you talk about ‘content marketing’, your bosses and clients look at you like you’re insane. You’re using the wrong point of reference. Instead of calling it content marketing, call it marketable content. Content that helps grow a business. You’ll get a lot more support. Content marketing is just as non-existent. Throw it out. Stop thinking in terms of link counts and pages written. Instead, find ways to grow your audience through marketable content. And you can make your content more marketable if you figure out what matters to your prospects. Do that, and you’re maximizing the chance your campaigns will generate results.
Areas of Expertise
- Blogging (company website).
- eNewsletters Email Marketing.
- Content Curation.
- eBooks and Books.
- Case Studies.
- Microblogging (social media a la Twitter).
- Webinars and Webcasts.
- Videos (demos, step by step guides).
- Facebook niche page (unbranded).
- Customer Community websites.
- Online Press News Releases.
- Social networks.
- Custom Print Magazine.
- Digital Magazines.
- Video Blogging.
- e-Learning Series.
- Executive Roundtable.
- Widgets and Mashups
- Survey Reporst
- Torrent Publishing (mainly for PDF documents).
- Analyst reports.
- Feature Guides.
- Pricing Guides.
- Reference Checklists.
Tools and Services
- 1337x Torrent tracker and publishing.
- Bit.ly url shortener.
- BlinkList bookmarking service.
- Calameo Document Store.
- Chime.in bookmarking service (formerly Mixx).
- Digg bookmarking service.
- Diigo (formerly Delicious) bookmarking service.
- eKudos content publishing platform.
- Facebook Business Page.
- Flogs Calender Manager.
- FriendFeed media sharing service.
- Goo.gl url shortener.
- Google+ Business Page.
- Google Alerts.
- Google Blog Search.
- Google Calender.
- Google Docs.
- Google FeedBurner.
- HubPages content publishing platform.
- ISOHunt Torrent publishing.
- Issuu Document Store.
- KickAssTorrents Torrent publishing.
- Media sharing sites.
- Nujij.nl content publishing platform.
- OpenBitTorrent tracker.
- Pingoat pinger.
- Posterous content publishing platform.
- Prezi Presentation Store.
- PublicBitTorrent tracker.
- ReddIt bookmarking service.
- Scribd Document Store.
- SkynetBLogs content publishing platform.
- Squidoo content publishing platform.
- StumbleUpon bookmarking service.
- Transmission Torrent Client (to create and seed torrents).
- Thesaurus (Synomyms).
- TrackEngine page change tracker.
- Trunk.ly bookmarking service.
- Tumblr content publising platform.
- uTorrent Torrent Client (to create and seed torrents)
- Vimeo video site.
- Youtube video site.